Easily Compare Online Language Tutors
While Madame LaFeuille (aka, your child's world languages classroom educator) can take a moment to answer quick questions, she really can't provide much ongoing, in-depth learning on any given tricky French grammatical points.
And there's nothing more frustrating than getting stuck on the difference between ser and estar in Spanish III while the rest of the class has moved on to the imperfect subjunctive!
21st Century to the Rescue
It used to be you would have to hope Joey in second bell, who passed most of his quizzes, could tutor you for a few bucks an hour. Nowadays, luckily, finding the perfect bilingual tutor online is easy peasy.
I like to use Instagram because hundreds of language tutors all around the world can be easily located on its social media platform. You may do your own online search, but feel free to refer to my personally curated list of online language experts whose thoughtfully-created Instagram profiles provide a wealth of useful beginner language information. You are always welcome to contact them!
I have a lot of love for local language tutors, too! Keep reading to make sure you get all the information you need from an in-person expert!
Sign up below to be the first to know when the book is released! In the meantime, you'll get a FREE copy of "One Weird Trick" for Success in the Foreign Language Classroom.
Who Charges What? Who's Available After Football Practice? Who Has Experience Working with Children with ADHD?
All the little questions you may not have thought to ask are on the form, below!
Simply send it to a few different prospective online or in-person instructors. You'll smooth out those fun linguistic road blocks in no time!
To your success and happiness,
Follow these easy instructions to locate your best online language tutor!
- Download the PDF form, below:
- Navigate to your Instagram page
- Search for “Online [language] tutor” – for example, “Online French tutor." Browse through the accounts that show up. Alternately, select individual(s) from this list of experts.
- For anyone that looks compatible, send a message. You may copy and paste the text below if you wish:
- Hello! I am looking for a [language] tutor for my child. Please let me know if you are accepting any new students who are at a [beginning/intermediate/advanced] level of [language]. If so I would like to send you a short questionnaire so I can make sure we're a good fit for each other. I will send it here or to your email address if you prefer. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you, [Name]
- Share the form via email or in whichever way you and the prospective tutor agree.
- Compare the responses you get, and select the language tutor that best fits your needs!
- Contact those tutors you did not select and let them know you appreciate their responses. Feel free to copy and paste the below response:
- Hi [tutor name]! Thank you so much for your responses. We have heard from several experts and have decided to select another tutor who aligns a bit more closely to our needs. Again, thank you for your time and consideration. Sincerely, [Name]